How can I provide or update my signature?
- Print and complete our Signature Notification form. Please bring this form to one of our branches in Northern Ireland together with a valid identification for each account holder.
- Alternatively post the form to us at the address below together with a certified copy of your valid identification for each account holder. Bank of Ireland UK, PO Box 2124, Belfast BT1 9RS
- How do I get my bank statements and letters sent in large print, Braille or audio file?
How do I cancel a Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit is an agreement between you and the organisation you’re paying (the originator) to take a payment from your account. A Direct Debit will appear as DD on your account statement. You can cancel a direct debit at any time up to the date the payment is due. If you want to cancel a direct debit you must notify the originator and inform us.
You can cancel a direct debit with us without the need to call us.
Cancel on our banking app or 365 online (new version only) (allow 2 banking days)
If you have our new banking app or new 365 online follow the simple steps below;
- Log into your account using the banking app/new 365 online;
- Tap on “Payments”
- Tap on “Cancel Direct Debits”
- Complete the details of your request
- Submit request
Cancel using our online form on our website (allow 2 banking days)
You can now complete our online form. The online request should be completed in 2 banking days.
If you prefer to call us or you have a Direct Debit that needs cancelled immediately
Call us on 0345 736 5555
Visit a branch
Drop into any of our branches and a member of staff will be happy to support you with your request.
Write to us
Please allow 5 banking days and postage timings to action your request.
- How do I reclaim money from a lost or forgotten account?
- I have a query about my existing account. Who should I contact?
- How do I get a copy of an International Payment Advice?
Where is my nearest Bank of Ireland UK branch?
To find your nearest branch in Northern Ireland, please use the Branch Locator.
For customer in Great Britain, please note that Bank of Ireland UK no longer operates a branch network in Great Britain (GB). Please visit our contact us page if you are an existing account holder.
What options are available to me to manage my account?
For Business Customers: Business On Line - our internet banking service for business customers has been developed to give you more control and flexibility in carrying out financial transactions with us.
For Personal Customers: Visit 365 Online which offers Bank of Ireland UK personal customers the convenience of doing their day-to-day banking 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by phone or online - so you can bank at a time and place that suits you. It's easy to use, quick and very convenient.
- Who can I contact if I have a complaint?
How can I update my personal details?
If you are a registered 365 online customer:
You can update your address, email and mobile phone using 365 online. Simply log in to 365 online, click on ‘Service Desk’ and select ‘Update Postal Address’ or ‘Manage Current Account alerts’ from the drop-down menu. You cannot update your details using your mobile or tablet apps.
If you do not use B365 online or if you have a joint account:
Print and complete our Notification of Change of Details form. Post the form to us at the address below or drop by at one of our branches and we will send a letter to your new address to confirm the change.
BOI Change of Contact Details,
PO BOX 365,
To change your name:
Print and complete our Notification of Change of Details form. Take this to your branch along with proof of your new name (for example, Deed Poll, marriage certificate, Decree Nisi or birth certificate).
Where do I find my BIC & IBAN?
You can find your BIC (Bank Identifier Code) and IBAN (International Bank Account Number) in a number of convenient ways:
365 Online or Mobile app
- Logging into 365 Online
- Click the + symbol next to your account on the homepage
Using the mobile
- Tap your account to view details then
- Tap View/Share BIC & IBAN
On your Statement
You can also find both your BIC and IBAN on an eStatement/Paper Statement
You can also use our IBAN Calculator to generate a Bank of Ireland IBAN number using:
- The Branch Name/Sort code and
- Account number
How can I update my FATCA or CRS details?
FATCA and CRS require us, and other financial institutions, to provide HMRC with information on any personal customers who are US citizens and/or are resident for tax purposes in any countries or territories outside the UK. HMRC may, in turn, share this information with tax authorities in relevant foreign jurisdictions.
We need this information if you:
- are a US citizen; and
- are tax resident in any other country or territory outside the UK.
Please complete the relevant online self-certification form.