Information below is specific to customers of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc.
If you want to make a complaint you can contact us in the following ways.
- Online – please use our complaint form
- In person – visit any of our branches and speak to a member of staff
- In writing – send a letter or email to your Branch Manager or your Business Manager
- By phone – call your Business Manager/Relationship Manager or your Branch Manager. If you have registered for our Banking 365 service, customer service advisors are available on weekdays until midnight. The phone number is 03457 365 555. If you are calling from outside the UK, the phone number is 00 353 1 460 6400
When we receive your complaint we will do the following.
- Write to you within five working days to confirm we have received your complaint.
- We will always deal with your complaint as quickly as we can. However, if we have not been able to solve or settle your complaint within four weeks of receiving it, we will write to tell you the progress we have made and when we aim to send you a full response
- If we cannot solve or settle your complaint within eight weeks of receiving it, we will write to you and explain why, and tell you when we expect to be able to do so
- If your complaint relates to a payment service transaction, we will make every effort to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. This will usually be within 15 days and not later than 35 days in exceptional circumstances. We’ll make sure to keep you updated throughout the process
- If at any stage you are not satisfied with our action or explanation, you can ask for us to refer your complaint to Group Customer Complaints at:
Free Post Bank of Ireland UK
Group Customer Complaints
PO Box 3191
Please be aware, that should you choose to contact us by email, we cannot guarantee the security of this method so do not send us information which you consider to be confidential.
If you do not agree with our final response, or we cannot respond within eight weeks and you do not accept our explanation, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The Financial Ombudsman Service can help solve or settle disputes between banks and their customers. They are entirely independent and their service is free to you. Ask us for a leaflet, or contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for more information including eligibility to refer your complaint via the contact options set out below.
If you decide to refer your complaint, you should do so within six months of the date of our final response letter.
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Phone: 0800 023 4 567
(calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs)
Outside UK phone: +44 20 7964 1000