- Ian McLaughlin - Chief Executive OfficerIan joined Bank of Ireland in December 2019 as Chief Executive Officer of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc and Retail UK Division. Ian has over 25 years financial services experience, having joined Bank of Ireland from Royal Bank of Scotland, where he held the roles of Managing Director, Home Buying and Ownership and Managing Director Specialist Banking. Prior to this, he held a number of senior management roles at Lloyds Banking Group and Zurich Financial Services.
Ian is a graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast
- Polina Ievskaya - Chief Risk OfficerPolina was appointed Interim Chief Risk Officer in July 2020, with her permanent appointment confirmed in December 2020. Polina joined Bank of Ireland in July 2014 as Head of Operational Risk & Financial Crime, and has been Money Laundering Reporting Officer since October 2016.
Prior to joining Bank of Ireland, Polina has held senior roles in Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland and the Financial Services Authority. Polina has more than 18 years of UK and international experience in financial services, with earlier career in accounting and internal audit.
Polina holds a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of Texas, USA.
- Thomas McAreavey - Chief Finance OfficerThomas was appointed Chief Financial Officer in March 2017, and in addition, Interim Operations Director in February 2018. He has over 15 years’ experience in the Bank of Ireland Group, having held various senior management positions within Finance, including leading a range of strategic projects for BOI. Prior to that, he held a management position within Pricewaterhouse Coopers. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant.
Thomas is also a director of a number of BOI Group subsidiaries.
- Louise Batchelor - Chief People OfficerLouise joined Bank of Ireland in February 2017 and was appointed to the role of UK HR Director in May 2018. Before joining Bank of Ireland, Louise worked at Standard Chartered Bank as the HRD for Europe and prior to that was a Leadership Consultant at the Gallup Organization, where she was responsible for embedding a strengths based culture through selection and development interventions in FTSE 100 companies.
Louise also holds a Board Directorship and has served on the City HR Board since May 2014.
Qualifications: BSc in Psychology & Criminology from Middlesex University; Certified Strengths CoachTM and KFLA Accredited.
- David Carrie - Chief Operations OfficerDavid was appointed UK Operations Director in October 2018.
He joined Bank of Ireland UK in 2016 and has held various Senior Management positions, including Head of IT and Outsourced Services as well as lead responsibility for the IT Governance strategic programme.
David has more than 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Bank of Ireland he was Customer Operations Director at Co-operative Bank, having previously held senior management roles in Capita Life, Pensions Services, Anderson Consulting, Eagle Star Life and Zurich Insurance.
David has a degree in Physics from Durham University.
- George Higginson - Director of Home Buying & OwnershipGeorge joined Bank of Ireland UK in November 2019 as UK Mortgages Director.
George has 30 years’ broad financial services experience, with particular expertise in the UK Mortgage market – where he has held roles at both Board and CEO level, both in the mortgage intermediary market and within the banking sector.
Recognised as being at the forefront of change in financial services from both a commercial and regulation perspective, George is also CEO of Alpha Beta Partners.
Prior to that George held a senior management role within Sesame Bankhall Group and was a founding director of Intrinsic Financial Services.
He is currently Chairman for the UK Finance Mortgage Product and Service Board. He is a Non-Executive Board Member with Estuary Housing Association.
George’s early career was spent with Zurich Financial Services where he was Chief Operating Officer of the Zurich Advice Network.
- Ian Sheppard - Director of Northern Ireland & Partnership DistributionIan was appointed Managing Director, NI in September 2017. He has over 20 years experience in the Bank of Ireland Group having held senior management roles in Corporate and Business Banking.
He is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland as well as being a Fellow of the Institute of Directors. He also held the role of NI Chairman for the Institute of Directors.
Ian is also a director of a number of BOI Group Subsidiaries.
- Jill Armstrong – Director of Savings & LendingJill was appointed Interim Director of Product and Proposition in May 2020.
Jill has more than 15 years’ experience in Financial Services gained during an extensive career with General Electric before joining the bank in December 2015. She has held several Senior Management positions, spanning across BOI UK Savings and Loans portfolios before recently incorporating Current Accounts and Credit Cards.
Jill has a degree in Business and Financial Services from Nottingham Trent University and is a Chartered Accountant.
- Ciara Moore – Chief Data & Digital OfficerCiara joined Bank of Ireland in January 2017 and was appointed to the role of Interim UK Chief Operating Officer in May 2020. Prior to this appointment, Ciara held a number of Senior Management positions across the UK Risk, Partnerships, Strategy and CEO office. Ciara has over 17 years’ experience in the UK and Ireland Financial Services sector, during which time has worked for Deloitte, Royal Bank of Scotland, Ulster Bank and Citi.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Business Studies and Master of Business Studies in Strategic Management and Planning.
- Sinéad Mac Lua - UK General CounselSinéad was appointed UK General Counsel for Bank of Ireland in January 2017 having held other management positions with Group Legal Services since joining the Bank in 2003. Prior to joining the Bank, Sinéad was a solicitor and latterly a Partner in private practice with London City firm, Harris, Rosenblatt and Kramer, subsequently known as Salans LLP (now Dentons), where she handled dispute resolution and the assessment of risk in banking, property and professional negligence matters as well as fraud, insolvency and multi-party claims.
Since 2009 and external to her role with the Bank, Sinéad has been on the Advisory Committee of the Irish Youth Foundation UK, a charitable trust dedicated to supporting vulnerable Irish youth living in disadvantaged circumstances across the UK.
Qualifications: University of Buckingham LLB (Hons) and College of Law, London, Solicitors’ Finals Examination.
- Clare Gilligan – UK Company SecretaryClare joined Bank of Ireland in 2007 and has worked in a variety of Business Banking, Strategy and Risk roles within the UK business. She was appointed UK Company Secretary in December 2019, having previously held the role of Head of UK Risk Governance & Reporting.
Before joining Bank of Ireland, Clare was Head of Research for a boutique head hunter for the legal profession, following a number of years in the media and design industry.
Clare has a degree in Russian & Soviet Studies from the University of Manchester.
- Tom Woolgrove - Chief Transformation OfficerTom joined Bank of Ireland UK in October 2020 as Transformation Director. Tom has nearly twenty years’ experience across Banking, Consumer Finance and Insurance sectors. He has held senior management roles in Direct Line Group, Lloyds Banking Group and HBOS, and private equity backed companies. Prior to this, he was a Strategy and Transformation consultant with Gemini Consulting, part of the Cap Gemini group.
He holds a MBA from University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where he was a Fulbright scholar, and is a graduate of Oxford University.