- Dave Sutherland - Interim Chief Executive Officer
Dave was appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer in July 2023. Dave has over 20 years’ experience at board level as Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Managing Director, with a strong Operations, Technology and Process Transformation track record in Financial Services, and Retail.
Prior to joining Bank of Ireland he was Group Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive of the Asset Management and Servicing division at Arrow Global. Previously he worked at TD Bank, GE Capital and Santander UK.
Dave has a MSc, IT and Management from Sheffield Hallam University and an MBA from the University of Leeds.
- Polina Ievskaya - Chief Risk OfficerPolina was appointed Interim Chief Risk Officer in July 2020, with her permanent appointment confirmed in December 2020. Polina joined Bank of Ireland in July 2014 as Head of Operational Risk & Financial Crime, and has been Money Laundering Reporting Officer since October 2016.
Prior to joining Bank of Ireland, Polina has held senior roles in Barclays, Royal Bank of Scotland and the Financial Services Authority. Polina has more than 18 years of UK and international experience in financial services, with earlier career in accounting and internal audit.
Polina holds a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of Texas, USA.
- Tom Wright - Chief Financial OfficerTom was appointed Chief Financial Officer of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc in October 2022.
Tom has extensive experience in finance as well as strategy development and execution, across a broad range of industries including Financial Services, Retail, FMCG and Media.
With over nine years’ experience in the Bank of Ireland Group, Tom has held a number of senior management roles within Finance.
Tom is also a Director of a number of Bank of Ireland Group subsidiaries, including NIIB Group Limited.
Tom previously held senior finance roles in Tesco Ireland Limited and Sony Music Entertainment Limited. Prior to that, he held roles at Communicorp Group Limited; Tedcastles Oil Products; and KPMG.
- Louise Batchelor - Chief People OfficerLouise joined Bank of Ireland in February 2017 and was appointed to the role of UK HR Director in May 2018. Before joining Bank of Ireland, Louise worked at Standard Chartered Bank as the HRD for Europe and prior to that was a Leadership Consultant at the Gallup Organization, where she was responsible for embedding a strengths based culture through selection and development interventions in FTSE 100 companies.
Louise also holds a Board Directorship and has served on the City HR Board since May 2014.
Qualifications: BSc in Psychology & Criminology from Middlesex University; Certified Strengths CoachTM and KFLA Accredited.
- Ali Berryman - Chief Operating Officer
Ali was appointed Chief Operating Officer for Bank of Ireland UK in June 2023, joining from John Lewis Financial Services where she held the position of Director of Credit and Banking.
Ali brings extensive consumer financial services experience across retail banking, credit cards, lending, fraud and product management, developed through her time at Lloyds TSB, Morgan Stanley and Barclays, where she held senior leadership positions including Chief Operating Officer for UK Cards and Global Head of Fraud Operations.
- George Higginson – Managing Director Northern Ireland and U.K. Strategic PartnershipsGeorge joined Bank of Ireland UK in November 2019 as Director of UK Mortgages.
George has 30 years’ broad financial services experience, with particular expertise in the UK Mortgage market – where he has held roles at both Board and CEO level, both in the mortgage and wealth intermediary markets and within the banking sector.
Prior to that George held a senior management role within Sesame Bankhall Group and was a founding director of Intrinsic Financial Services. His early career was spent with Zurich Financial Services where he was Chief Operating Officer of the Zurich Advice Network.
George is Chair of Northridge Finance Board, Bank of Ireland UK’s motor finance subsidiary.
- Jill Armstrong – Director of Savings & Lending
Jill was appointed Director of Savings and Lending in July 2020.
Jill has more than 15 years’ experience in Financial Services gained during an extensive career with General Electric before joining the bank in December 2015. She has held several Senior Management positions, spanning across BOI UK Savings and Loans portfolios before recently incorporating Current Accounts and Credit Cards.
Jill has a degree in Business and Financial Services from Nottingham Trent University and is a Chartered Accountant.
- Ciara Moore – Chief Data & Digital Officer
Ciara joined Bank of Ireland in January 2017 and was appointed to the role of Chief Data and Digital Officer in April 2021. Prior to this appointment, Ciara held a number of Senior Management positions across Bank including Operations, UK Risk, Partnerships, Strategy and CEO office.
Ciara has over 17 years’ experience in the UK and Ireland Financial Services sector, during which time has worked for Deloitte, Royal Bank of Scotland, Ulster Bank and Citi.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Business Studies and Master of Business Studies in Strategic Management and Planning.
- Sinéad Mac Lua - UK General CounselSinéad was appointed UK General Counsel for Bank of Ireland in January 2017 having held other management positions with Group Legal Services since joining the Bank in 2003. Prior to joining the Bank, Sinéad was a solicitor and latterly a Partner in private practice with London City firm, Harris, Rosenblatt and Kramer, subsequently known as Salans LLP (now Dentons), where she handled dispute resolution and the assessment of risk in banking, property and professional negligence matters as well as fraud, insolvency and multi-party claims.
Since 2009 and external to her role with the Bank, Sinéad has been on the Advisory Committee of the Irish Youth Foundation UK, a charitable trust dedicated to supporting vulnerable Irish youth living in disadvantaged circumstances across the UK.
Qualifications: University of Buckingham LLB (Hons) and College of Law, London, Solicitors’ Finals Examination.
- Tom Woolgrove - Chief Transformation OfficerTom joined Bank of Ireland UK in October 2020 as Transformation Director. Tom has nearly twenty years’ experience across Banking, Consumer Finance and Insurance sectors. He has held senior management roles in Direct Line Group, Lloyds Banking Group and HBOS, and private equity backed companies. Prior to this, he was a Strategy and Transformation consultant with Gemini Consulting, part of the Cap Gemini group.
He holds a MBA from University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where he was a Fulbright scholar, and is a graduate of Oxford University.
- Andrew Helm - Interim Head of Internal Audit,UK
Andrew was appointed Interim Head of Internal Audit, UK in 2023. With a strong background in retail banking, prior to joining Bank of Ireland Group Internal Audit, Andrew has held senior roles in Barclays Bank Plc, including being Managing Director for Barclaycard, Retail Banking, Finance and Risk audit teams and leading strategic transformation initiatives.
Since leaving Barclays in 2017, Andrew has carried out a number of EQA reviews for Grant Thornton clients, ranging from small building societies to large international banks. Prior to Barclays, Andrew worked for American Express and JP Morgan in Finance, Financial Operations and Audit roles both in the UK and overseas. Andrew is a member of the FCA and Institute of Internal Auditors.