- Ian McLaughlin - Chief Executive OfficerIan joined Bank of Ireland in December 2019 as Chief Executive Officer of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc and Retail UK Division. Ian has over 25 years financial services experience, having joined Bank of Ireland from Royal Bank of Scotland, where he held the roles of Managing Director, Home Buying and Ownership and Managing Director Specialist Banking. Prior to this, he held a number of senior management roles at Lloyds Banking Group and Zurich Financial Services.
Ian is a graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast.
- Neil Fuller - Chief Risk OfficerNeil was appointed Director of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc & Chief Risk Officer in October 2015.
Neil joined Bank of Ireland from GE Capital UK, where he held the role of Chief Risk Officer since 2011. Neil has over 30 years of financial services experience, having previously worked for NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Thomas McAreavey - Chief Financial OfficerThomas was appointed Chief Financial Officer in March 2017, and in addition, Interim Operations Director in February 2018. He has over 15 years’ experience in the Bank of Ireland Group, having held various senior management positions within Finance, including leading a range of strategic projects for BOI. Prior to that, he held a management position within Pricewaterhouse Coopers. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant.
Thomas is also a director of a number of BOI Group subsidiaries.
- John Tudor - Partnership DirectorJohn joined Bank of Ireland Group in 1998 and has worked in a variety of Finance, Strategy and Operational roles within the UK business, including working extensively with the Bank’s financial services partnerships with the Post Office and the AA. He was appointed Partnership Director in February 2018, having previously held the role of Chief Operating Officer.
Before joining Bank of Ireland, John worked as a Chartered Accountant with Moore Stephens (Bath) having qualified with BDO Binder Hamlyn (Manchester).
John is a graduate of the University of Manchester and is a Member of the ICAEW.
- Louise Batchelor - HR DirectorLouise joined Bank of Ireland in February 2017 and was appointed to the role of UK HR Director in May 2018. Before joining Bank of Ireland, Louise worked at Standard Chartered Bank as the HRD for Europe and prior to that was a Leadership Consultant at the Gallup Organization, where she was responsible for embedding a strengths based culture through selection and development interventions in FTSE 100 companies.
Louise also holds a Board Directorship and has served on the City HR Board since May 2014.
Qualifications: BSc in Psychology & Criminology from Middlesex University; Certified Strengths CoachTM and KFLA Accredited.
- Richard Exton - Strategy and Transformation DirectorRichard joined Bank of Ireland Group in 2014 and has held a number of senior management roles in Consumer Banking and the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, where he had responsibility for strategic initiatives covering PSD2 and Open Banking, Payments, Change and Digital capability. Richard was appointed Strategy & Transformation Director in February 2018.
Prior to joining Bank of Ireland, Richard held a number of senior management positions in Retail and Business Banking at Barclays, spanning 20 years in front line leadership, customer proposition and innovation, strategy and business transformation roles across UK and Western Europe. Richard holds an MBA from London Business School and a BSc in Modern Languages & Marketing.
- David Carrie - Operations DirectorDavid was appointed UK Operations Director in October 2018.
He joined Bank of Ireland UK in 2016 and has held various Senior Management positions, including Head of IT and Outsourced Services as well as lead responsibility for the IT Governance strategic programme.
David has more than 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Bank of Ireland he was Customer Operations Director at Co-operative Bank, having previously held senior management roles in Capita Life, Pensions Services, Anderson Consulting, Eagle Star Life and Zurich Insurance.
David has a degree in Physics from Durham University.
- George Higginson - Interim UK Mortgages DirectorGeorge joined Bank of Ireland UK in November 2019 as Interim UK Mortgages Director.
George has 30 years’ broad financial services experience, with particular expertise in the UK Mortgage market – where he has held roles at both Board and CEO level, both in the mortgage intermediary market and within the banking sector.
Recognised as being at the forefront of change in financial services from both a commercial and regulation perspective, George is also CEO of Alpha Beta Partners.
Prior to that George held a senior management role within Sesame Bankhall Group and was a founding director of Intrinsic Financial Services.
George’s early career was spent with Zurich Financial Services where he was Chief Operating Officer of the Zurich Advice Network.
- Ian Sheppard - Managing Director, NIIan was appointed Managing Director, NI in September 2017. He has over 20 years experience in the Bank of Ireland Group having held senior management roles in Corporate and Business Banking.
He is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland as well as being a Fellow of the Institute of Directors. He also held the role of NI Chairman for the Institute of Directors.
Ian is also a director of a number of BOI Group Subsidiaries.