Keep track of your spending
Running out of money (or going over your credit limit) can be a nightmare, especially in a foreign country. To help you keep track of what you’re spending in British pounds you can view your account through your online service or mobile app.
Credit Card Charges
When you use your card overseas, your payment will be converted into sterling.
If you hold a Visa credit card
Your payment will be converted into sterling by the Visa exchange rate. You can visit the Visa website here, where you will find a calculator where you can compare currency conversion charges for card transactions in Euros and other European currencies.
How to use the Visa Exchange Rate Calculator:
- Amount: Enter the amount you are planning to spend in the currency you will be using for the transaction
- Bank fee: Enter your non-sterling purchase fee
- Date requested: Select the date on which you will be making the transaction
- Card currency: Select British Pound (GBP) from the dropdown menu
- Transaction currency: Select the currency you will be using for the transaction
- Calculate exchange Rate: Press the Calculate exchange rate button to see the exchange rate and Visa charges for the transaction
Will I get charged for cash advances?
You’ll be charged a cash withdrawal, when you withdraw cash advances abroad using your credit card. If you withdraw cash abroad, you’ll be charged interest even if the account is paid off in full.