Ongoing support if you are experiencing difficulties with your finances as a result of circumstances related to coronavirus
If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of coronavirus you should contact us as soon as possible. We will consider your individual circumstance and work with you to develop an affordable and appropriate solution including ways to reduce your overdraft costs and use over a reasonable period of time.
Doing nothing can make things worse call us as soon as you can on 0345 736 5555*
We can help.
What can I do if I am experiencing some short term financial difficulties?
If you feel that you are able to deal with this situation without the need for full debt advice, you could:
- Work out a budget. You might want to use a budget tool, such as the Money Advice Service online budget planner, or check the Managing your Money area on our website;
- Amend the timing of any payments out of your account (for example direct debits or standing orders) to align it with payments into your account (for example your salary) and reduce the chances of having payments refused due to lack of funds;
- Make sure we have your most up to date mobile phone number to receive free text alerts. You can update your number through 365 online or the 365 mobile app;
- Pay essential expenses and priority debts before any discretionary expenses or non-priority debts. The Money Advice Service – How to prioritise your debts guide could help you decide if this is the right approach for you.
- Discuss your repayments with the people or companies that you owe money to.
If you need more help, there is free and impartial debt advice available for you.
Make sure you access the help that you feel best suits your circumstances.