Helping customers get the finance they need
At Bank of Ireland UK we have a range of mortgages designed to help you wherever you are in your life. And with money still available from our Mortgage Fund we can help get you where you want to go.
Mortgages to suit you
Whether you’re a first time buyer or looking to move home, remortgage or invest in a property, we have a range of mortgages with a variety of incentives for you to choose from.
- Fixed: Ideal if you want budgeting certainty, these mortgages provide security from possible interest rate rises by fixing your monthly repayments for a set period of time. Remember if rates fall during the set period, the amount you pay will stay the same
- Standard Variable Rate (SVR): Our standard mortgage rate is not fixed and can be varied by us at any time
We also have a range of specialist mortgages tailored to suit specific requirements:
- First Start: Specialist first time buyer mortgages
- Self Build: Used in conjunction with a Bank of Ireland UK bridging loan, these mortgages are for customers building their own home
- Buy to Let: Mortgages designed for property investors
- Northern Ireland Co-Ownership: We offer a range of mortgage rates exclusively available to customers who are purchasing a share of their home on a co-ownership basis through the Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association Limited (NICHA)
- Current Account Holders: We offer exclusive mortgage products for account holders of a Bank of Ireland (UK) plc Personal Current Account, Graduate Current Account or a 3rd level Student Account with a mandated salary paid into it. These mortgages are available to both existing and newly opened account holders. Some of the features of this range include:
- Available for residential purchases and remortgages
- Up to 90% loan to value
- Options to help with upfront fees, such as: no product fee and Higher Lending Charge paid by us (where applicable)
To find out more about our options for existing customers, please click here.
Things to consider
Our mortgages are available on a repayment or interest only basis, or a combination of both.
Interest Only Criteria:
For Residential Mortgages: you can borrow on an interest only basis up to 60% LTV. We’ll also consider up to 75% LTV if the amount you want over 60% is on repayment. We only accept loans over 75% LTV on a repayment basis. We only accept the sale of this mortgaged property as a repayment strategy. This will be verified by an underwriter to ensure that its credible.
For Buy to Let mortgages: you can borrow the entire amount on an interest only basis, subject to our affordability criteria. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate means to repay the capital at the end of the mortgage term.
Interest Only Mortgages:
With an interest only mortgage, your monthly mortgage payments only pay off the interest charged on your mortgage – and do not reduce the loan itself. So when your mortgage ends, you will still need to repay the original amount borrowed (called ‘the capital’) plus any fees that may have been added over the term of the mortgage.
It is your responsibility to pay back the capital that you borrowed at the end of the mortgage term so you will need to have a strategy in place and you must regularly check to ensure it’s on track to repay your mortgage.
- If you’re applying for a Current Account Holder mortgage, please contact your local branch or call us on the number below
- If you’re applying for a Self Build mortgage, talk to an Mortgage Sales Adviser at your local branch
- For all other mortgages you can apply using any of the three options below.
How to contact us:
Apply in branch
Come in for a coffee and a quick chat, make an appointment in the branch nearest you.
Give us a ring
We’re happy to speak to you over the phone.*
Apply online at a time and place convenient to you
*FYI, for your security and to improve our service to you, we may record and monitor phone calls for training purposes.
Please note self- build, Personal Current Account and Shared ownership (through the Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association or NICHA) mortgages can only be applied for in branch.
Full written details and quotations are available on request. All mortgages are subject to status and valuation. Residential mortgages are only available to persons over the age of 18 years. For Buy to Let mortgages, the principle applicant must be 21 years or over.
All information correct as at September 2018.
Bank of Ireland Group provides mortgages in the UK through “Bank of Ireland Mortgages” and “Bank of Ireland UK”.
If you are in doubt as to your mortgage provider or have any queries relating to our UK mortgage products or services please contact our UK administration centre at: Bank of Ireland (UK Mortgages), PO Box 3191, Bristol, BS1 9HY. Phone: (0117) 979 2222. Fax (0117) 929 3878. firstname.lastname@example.org