If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the cost of living crisis you should contact us as soon as possible. We will consider your individual circumstances and work with you to come up with the best way to support you at this time, including ways to reduce your overdraft costs and use over a reasonable period of time.Doing nothing can make things worse call us as soon as you can on 0345 736 5555*.We can help.
What can I do if I am experiencing some short term financial difficulties?
If you feel that you are able to deal with this situation without the need for full debt advice, you could:
- Work out a budget. You might want to use a budget tool, such as the MoneyHelper online budget planner, or check the Managing your Money area on our website;
- Change the timing of any payments out of your account (for example direct debits or standing orders) to line up with payments into your account (for example your salary). This may reduce the chances of having payments refused due to lack of funds;
- Make sure we have your most up to date mobile phone number to receive free text alerts. You can update your number through 365 online or the 365 mobile app;
- Pay essential expenses and priority debts before any optional expenses or less important debts. The MoneyHelper – How to prioritise your debts guide could help you decide if this is the right approach for you.
- Discuss your repayments with the people or companies that you owe money to.
If you need more help, there is free and impartial debt advice available for you.
Here is a list of organisations that provide free, confidential and impartial money guidance and debt advice. You can also use the MoneyHelper – Debt advice locator tool.
Make sure you get the help that you feel best suits your circumstances.
To help manage your everyday spending, you can pay bills, transfer money and do your day-to-day banking online, using our mobile app or by phone, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- To find out more and register for 365online, please click here.
- To find out more and get set up with phone banking, click here.
If you are already a 365online customer, you can register for the mobile banking app.
For more information, click here.
You can call our Digital Activation Centre Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 03456 006 552.
|Bank of Ireland UK Personal Loans||0345 600 2703|
|Post Office Personal Loans||0800 169 2000|
|AA Personal Loans||0345 266 0124|
|Northridge Finance||0800 917 0932|
|Mortgages||0800 169 9722|
|Bank of Ireland UK Savings||0345 6016 157|
|Post Office Savings||0800 169 7500|
|AA Savings||0345 266 0001|
*Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Lines are open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 03 calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.