Bank of Ireland UK
Group Customer Complaints
PO Box 3191
At Bank of Ireland UK we aim to provide a first-class service. However, we do realise that at times we may not meet the high standards you have come to expect from us. If you have a concern about any of our products or services, please tell us. We want to put things right – first time. Your comments help us to improve our services.
If you want to make a complaint, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Online – please use our complaint form
- In writing – send a letter or fax to your Relationship Manager or your Customer Service Manager.
- By telephone – call your Relationship Manager or your Customer Service Manager. If you have registered for our Banking 365 service, customer service advisers are available on weekdays until midnight. The telephone number is 03457 365 333. If you are calling from outside the UK, the telephone number is 00 353 1 460 6400.
When we receive your complaint we will do the following.
- Write to you within five working days to confirm we have received your complaint
- We will always deal with your complaint as quickly as we can. However, if we have not been able to solve or settle your complaint within four weeks of receiving it, we will write to tell you the progress we have made and when we aim to send you a full response
- If we cannot solve or settle your complaint within eight weeks of receiving it, we will write to you and explain why, and tell you when we expect to be able to do so
- If your complaint relates to a payment service transaction, we will make every effort to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. This will usually be within 15 days and no later than 35 days in exceptional circumstances. We’ll make sure to keep you posted throughout the process
If you do not agree with our final response, or we cannot respond within eight weeks and you do not accept our explanation, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The Financial Ombudsman Service can help solve or settle disputes between banks and their customers. They are entirely independent and their services are free to you. Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for more information including eligibility to refer your complaint via the contact options set out below.
If you decide to refer your complaint, you should do so within six months of the date of our final response letter.
Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4 567 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs)
Outside UK Tel: +44 20 7964 1000