Things to think about:
- Don’t ignore the problem.
- Check your redundancy rights.
- See what benefits you are entitled to.
- Take time to plan a new budget.
- Plan ahead – look at savings, investments and pension plans.
- Consider reviewing your mortgage and other debts if necessary.
- Talk to us about your circumstances.
- Consider your employment options and how can you get back into work.
- Ask for help if you need it.
Getting back to work – How to start your job search
- Although being made redundant can be a shock, you should act quickly to make sure you:
- Get back out into the job market as soon as possible and that you start receiving the benefits you’re entitled to.
- Go for a New Jobseekers’ Interview at your local Job Centre.
- Refresh your CV and look for work online, in newspapers and magazines, through employment agencies and through contacts you already have.
- You can claim Jobseekers’ Allowance if you’re unemployed and actively seeking work or working less than 16 hours per week. Go to GOV.UK for more details.