The prospect of redundancy can be daunting, particularly if your finances are likely to be affected. But there are steps you can take to help you manage any potential difficulties.

Useful organisations

Citizens Advice Bureau The Citizens Advice Bureau offer free confidential information and financial advice. Advice is offered in your local centre, by phone or online. For further details go to their website or call 0800 028 1881.
Step Change Debt Charity Step Change offer free impartial debt advice. For further information visit their website or call 0800 138 1111 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-4pm)
Department of Work and Pensions The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare and pensions.
Government Benefits Help For help with all benefits that may be available to you.
Money Advice Service Money Advice Service offer advice and guides to help improve your finances and provide tools and calculators to help you keep track and plan ahead. They can offer support in person, over the phone and online. Further details can be found on the website or call 0800 1387777.
Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Being made redundant may affect how much tax you need to pay. You should also check if you are owed a refund, as you might have paid too much tax while you were working.