Bank of Ireland supporting customers during COVID-19
18 March 2020
Bank of Ireland is committed to supporting customers through the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bank has a range of supports in place for personal customers and businesses, and is working to meet demand for these as quickly as possible. Customer supports include:
For personal customers
- Customers who are worried about financial difficulties as a result of the coronavirus outbreak are advised to get in touch and we will do all we can to support you, including:
– Mortgage Payment breaks of up to 3 months. We will provide this option for customers who have Owner Occupier or Buy to Let Mortgages,
– Loan Payment breaks for Personal Loans and Car Finance.
Payment breaks offered will not affect customers’ credit files held by Credit Reference Agencies.
- You can use our mobile banking app and online banking to help you manage your everyday banking needs without having to leave your home, for details of how to access these see 365 banking
For Business customers
- Business customers impacted by COVID-19 are advised to get in touch with us. Our assistance can include:
– Emergency working capital
– Payment flexibility on loan facilities
– Provision of trade finance and foreign currency products
– Prioritisation of funding requests
- We are keeping our Branches operating as normally as possible
- Safe queuing systems are in place (distancing, queuing ropes, floor markers) and staff are supporting customers with these guidelines
- The appropriate hygiene and cleaning procedures are deployed across all branches and offices.
Ian McLaughlin, Chief Executive, Bank of Ireland UK said: “We know that the services we provide are critical during this very challenging time and we have a range of dedicated supports in place for customers. Customers should contact us directly if they feel they will be impacted financially by COVID-19. The safety and welfare of our colleagues and customers and the continuity of our services remains our priority. We will continue to play our part by working with Government and the wider industry in response to the threat posed by coronavirus.
The Bank is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and has contingency planning in place in the event of disruption to services. Further updates will be provided as the situation develops – see www.bankofirelanduk.com