To register or log in for online servicing, click here.
For help with the registration process, please go to the Registration section in our FAQs or watch our video below.
How to register and get started
Who are Jaja?
In 2019, Bank of Ireland UK announced the sale of its existing UK Credit Card portfolios to Jaja Finance Ltd (Jaja). They became the UK Credit Card issuer for Bank of Ireland UK Credit Cards on 3 October 2020.
Jaja is a UK-based credit card provider regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Jaja’s team are passionate about their customers, offering products and services that provide simplicity, functionality, service and security. They share Bank of Ireland’s commitment to delivering outstanding customer service and we are proud to partner with them.
This change does not affect any other Financial Services products you may hold with Bank of Ireland UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registering for the app
- Do I need to register as a new user and create a new passcode?Yes, you will need to register as a new user.
- Do I need to register for the app or an online servicing account before I can login?Yes, you need to register before attempting to log into the app for the first time.
- What do I need to complete the registration process?To complete the registration process, you’ll need your credit card to hand. Make sure you enter your details exactly as they appear in your Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card, including card number and expiry date.
You’ll be asked for your mobile phone number and will need to enter a verification code sent to your mobile phone via text message. Follow the security instructions and create your new password and 5-digit passcode.
Once you’ve selected your marketing preferences, you’ll be able to log in to complete your registration.
If you experience problems, please contact us on 0345 309 8099*.
- I'm struggling to register once I've entered my personal details and details about my card. What am I doing wrong? Check your details carefully, however if you continue to experience problems with the registration process, please contact our Customer Services team on 0345 309 8099*.
- I'm trying to register but I'm getting an error message. What do I do?If you see an error message on your screen during the registration process, please check your details carefully. Correct, if needed, and re-submit. If you continue to see an error message, please contact us on 0345 309 8099*.
- I've registered for the app and an online servicing account but have been taken back to the home screen. How do I get into my account?Once you’ve successfully registered, you’ll need to log in to access your account. Make sure you use the details you set up during registration.
Making a payment
- I haven’t registered for the app or online servicing. How do I make a payment?To make a payment, we recommend you pay your credit card bill through your bank. Make your payment using sort code: 40-05-30 and account number: 84603605 and include your 16-digit card number as the payment reference.
- I haven’t registered for the app or online servicing yet so how can I see my balance or pay my bill?Our Customer Services line also has an automated service that allows you to check your balance and make payments using a debit card without having to wait to speak to an agent. Call 0345 309 8099*, select the option for Customer Services and then the option to make a payment.
- I’m worried that as I can’t make a payment in the app or my online servicing account, I’ll be charged a late payment fee.If you have been charged a fee and you don’t believe you should have, please contact us and we will discuss your individual circumstances with you.
- Can I still pay my credit card bill through 365 online?You can still make a payment to your credit card account through 365 online by selecting ‘BOI Credit Card’ from the Bill Pay dropdown and using your 16 –digit card number as your payment reference. However, you will not be able to see any of your other credit card account details.
To get the most out of the account servicing options available to you, we recommend you register as a new user on the Bank of Ireland Credit Card app or online service.
Alternatively, you can pay your credit card bill through another bank using the following account details: sort code: 40-05-30 and account number: 84603605.
- I have a standing order set up on my Bank of Ireland Current Account - do I need to change this?If you have a standing order set up to pay your Credit Card from your Bank of Ireland UK Current Account, we have updated the details to make sure your payments reach the correct account.
- I have a standing order set up from another bank account - do I need to change this?Yes, you’ll need to use our new payment details:
Sort code: 40-05-30
Account No: 84603605
Don’t forget to use your current 16-digit credit card number as your payment reference.
If you’ve already made a payment using the old details, don’t worry – we’ve received your payment. Please use the new details the next time you make a payment.
- Will there be any changes to how I pay my credit card?You are still able to make payments in branch, online, over the phone and by post. However, the timing of some types of payment have changed and we’ve summarised these below.
Payment type Timing before the move to Jaja Timing now your account has moved to Jaja What’s changed? Direct debit Payment was deducted from your Bank Account on the payment due date shown on your credit card statement. Payment will be deducted from your Bank Account on the payment due date shown on your credit card statement. No change. Using 365 Bill Pay Payment was credited to your account the same working day if the payment is made before 5pm. Payments made after 5pm are credited to your account the next working day. Payment will be credited to your account the same working day if the payment is made before 4:30pm. Payments made after 4:30pm are credited to your account the next working day. The cut off time for same day payments moved from 5pm to 4:30pm. By Telephone/Online Banking Payment was credited to your account the same working day if the instruction was received before 5pm. Payment will be credited to your account the same working day if the instruction is received before 5pm. No change At a Bank of Ireland UK Branch (Cash) Payment was credited to your account in real-time (same working day). Payment will be credited to your account at the end of the next working day. Payment is credited to your account one working day later. At a Bank of Ireland UK Branch (Cheque or Credit Transfer) Payment was credited to your account at the end of the next working day. Payment will be credited to your account at the end of the next working day. No change At a non-Bank of Ireland UK Bank branch (Cash or Cheque) Payment was credited to your account within three working days. Payment will be credited to your account within three working days. No change By Post (Cheque) Payment was credited to your account within two working days of receipt. Payment will be credited to your account within two working days of receipt. No change At a Bank of Ireland ATM machine This service will no longer be available once your account moves to Jaja.
- I have a payment arrangement with you, has that changed?Any payment arrangements you have agreed will not change as a result of the move to Jaja and you should keep making payments in line with that plan.
- I want to apply for a Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card; when will they be available again?We will be launching a new credit card, in partnership with Jaja, later on this year.
- How do I activate my new card?Activate your new card in the app or in your online servicing account. Alternatively, make a Chip and PIN transaction or enter your PIN at a cash point.
- What should I do with my Bank of Ireland Mastercard once I receive my new card?Once you’ve activated your new one, destroy your old card, ensuring you cut through the Chip, and safely dispose of your old card. Your old card will stop working after 30 days of receiving your new one, regardless of the expiry date printed on it.
- Will my contactless limit still be £45 with my new card?Yes, a contactless limit of £45 per transaction will still apply. You’ll need to make one transaction using Chip & PIN before you can start using contactless.
- Do I need to update my card details to make online purchases?Yes, if you use your card for any online services, for example Uber or Amazon, then make sure you update your account with your new card information.
- My current Bank of Ireland Mastercard doesn’t expire for a while. Can I continue using this?Your old card will stop working after 30 days of receiving your new one, regardless of the expiry date on it. Activate your new Bank of Ireland UK Visa card as soon as you receive it.
- Will my PIN still work?Yes. Your current PIN will continue to work: you will not receive a new PIN when you get your new Bank of Ireland UK Visa Credit Card from Jaja.
- I’ve forgotten my PIN. How can I get a reminder?If you’ve forgotten your PIN you can view it in the app or in your online servicing account.
- I've lost my PIN. How do I get a replacement?You can view your PIN immediately through the app and your online servicing account. You can also request a PIN reminder by calling us on 0345 309 8099*.
- I tried to make a purchase and my credit card has been declined?To ensure your transaction is successful when you use your card, check that you have available credit to spend for any purchases you intend to make. As long as you have available credit you can try using your card again. If the problem persists, please contact us on 0345 309 8099*.
- What happens if I'm away when my new Credit Card arrives from Jaja?If you’re away, your existing Credit Card will continue to work for 30 days after the new card has been issued.
- Is there a difference between Visa and Mastercard?Visa and Mastercard are different card networks. Both types of card are widely accepted at millions of retailers in over 200 countries worldwide.
Card and PIN
Managing Your Account
- Will I be able to manage my credit card over the phone?Yes. You can service your account by calling us on 0345 309 8099*.
- Why has my credit card disappeared from 365 online?Your card has been removed from 365 online as part of the move to Jaja. Jaja have developed a brand new mobile and online service for Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card customers. To continue to service your account online or in the new app, you will need to register as a new user and set up a new passcode.
- How can I check my balance if I’m not yet registered for the new app or online service?Our Customer Services line also has an automated service that allows you to check your balance without having to wait to speak to an agent. Call 0345 309 8099*, select the option for Customer Services and then the option to check your balance.
- Will I still be able to see my statements in my online servicing account?
Yes: key information from your previous statements is available to view in your new app and online servicing account. You’ll also be able to request paper copies of previous statements by calling us on 0345 309 8099*
- Will I still receive paper statements?Yes: you’ll still receive them in the post as you do today.
- Will my payment date and statement date remain the same?Yes. Your statement and payment dates will stay the same as they are today.
- I have signed up for paperless / electronic statements. Will I still be notified that my electronic statement is ready via SMS?If you currently receive this notification via SMS, after the move you will be notified that your statement is ready by email. If we do not hold a valid email address for you, you will receive a paper statement. Please update your email address with us to continue to receive paperless statements.
- Has my credit limit changed?No. Your credit limit remains the same. As with all card providers, Jaja has the right to review your credit limit and may choose to change your credit limit in the future. They will contact you if this happens.
Features and Benefits
- I have a Moneyback Credit Card – will I still get my cashback?Yes. You’ll still benefit from your cashback of 0.5% up to a maximum of £75 per year. Your card will be renamed to Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card once it moves to Jaja.
- Did this transfer affect any existing promotional offers on my credit card?If you have any promotional offers on your account, these continue unaffected until they are due to expire. You will receive a reminder of the expiry date of any promotional offers.
- I have an Ulster Rugby Credit Card – will this continue?Bank of Ireland UK and Ulster Rugby will no longer issue Ulster Rugby branded credit cards. All this means for you is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You’ll continue to enjoy the current features and benefits of your card: you’ll simply get a new credit card design.
- I have a Queen's University Credit Card – will this continue?Bank of Ireland UK and Queen’s University will no longer issue Queen’s University branded credit cards. All this means for you is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You’ll continue to enjoy the current features and benefits of your card: you’ll simply get a new credit card design.
- I have a Student Credit Card – will this continue?Yes. The only change is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You will continue to enjoy all of the current features and benefits you enjoy today.
- When did the new Terms and Conditions become effective?
- Were my personal details transferred to Jaja?Yes: your data was transferred to Jaja so that they could continue to manage your credit card account.
Your data is treated securely and in line with data protection legislative requirements and as indicated in the privacy notices.
- Where can I find out more about Jaja?For more information on Jaja, please visit their website – www.jaja.co.uk/boi-uk
- Did the change impact my credit history?Your credit report will note that you have an agreement with Jaja Finance Ltd but it will not impact your credit score.
Please remember to maintain your repayments to avoid impacting your credit history.
- I pay stamp duty on my account – will this continue?If you are currently required to pay stamp duty then yes, you will continue to be required to do so.
- Does this change impact the payment break I have or have applied for as a result of Covid-19No, if you are currently on a payment break, or have applied for a payment break, this is unaffected by this change.
- I’ve been told that my credit card account is in Persistent Debt. Will this change when my account moves to Jaja?Your account will remain in Persistent Debt when it moves to Jaja. If you can afford to pay more to reduce your credit card balance this will save you money in interest and will also help you to repay what you owe quicker.
If you have a question, that hasn’t been answered here, you can call us on 0345 309 80991.
Our current opening hours are:
|8am – 7pm||8am – 7pm||8am – 7pm||8am – 7pm||8am – 7pm||9am – 5pm||9am – 5pm|