How to register and get started
Who are Jaja?
Frequently Asked Questions
Registering for the app
- Do I need to register as a new user and create a new passcode?Yes, you will need to register as a new user.
- What do I need to do to complete the registration process?
To complete the registration process, you’ll need your credit card to hand. You’ll also need to input a few personal details and select your marketing preferences to fully complete your registration.
- Do I need to register for the app or online servicing before I can login?Yes, you need to register before attempting to log into the app for the first time.
- I've registered for the app and online servicing but have been taken back to the home screen. How do I get into my account?Once you’ve successfully registered, you’ll need to log in to access your account. Make sure you use the details you set up during registration.
- I'm struggling to register once I've entered my personal details and details about my card. What am I doing wrong? When you enter your name, make sure it’s identical to that shown on your card. This means writing your name exactly as it appears in capital letters including your title plus any middle names which are shown on your card. Please check carefully as your name on your card may be in a different format to how you would typically spell your name. For example, your card may have a space when an apostrophe is used, or a space may be added to your name on your card when you would not typically use a space. For example McDonald should be entered as MC DONALD.
- I'm trying to register but I'm getting an error message. What do I do?If you see an error message on your screen during the registration process, please check your details carefully. Correct, if needed, and re-submit. If you continue to see an error message, please contact us on 0345 309 8099.
- I’ve not been able to register for the app or online servicing. How do I make a payment?To make a payment, we recommend you pay your credit card bill through your bank. Make your payment using sort code: 40-05-30 and account number: 84603605 and include your 16-digit card number as the payment reference.
- I’m worried that as I can’t make a payment in the app or online servicing, I’ll be charged a late payment fee.Our team are working hard to ensure you can register as quickly as possible. Please be assured, you will not be at a disadvantage.
- Can I still pay my credit card bill through B365?To see your balance and make a payment, we recommend you register as a new user on the new Bank of Ireland Credit Card app or online service.
While your credit card account details are no longer available within 365 following the move to Jaja, you can still make a payment to your credit card account through 365 by selecting ‘BOI Credit Card’ from the Bill Pay dropdown. Please remember to use your 16-digit card number as your payment reference.
Alternatively, you can pay your credit card bill through another bank using the following account details: sort code: 40-05-30 and account number: 84603605.
- I’ve made a payment. When will this appear on my account?If you made a payment from 5pm on Friday 2 October 2020 and Monday 5 October 2020 your account will update on Tuesday 6 October 2020. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes. You won’t incur any fees or lose any current promotional offers as a result of this.
- I pay by Direct Debit – will I need to set up a new one?Your Direct Debit will automatically transfer to Jaja so you don’t need to do anything.
- I have a standing order set up on my Bank of Ireland Current Account - do I need to change this?If you have a standing order set up to pay your Credit Card from your Bank of Ireland UK Current Account, we will update the details to make sure your payments reach the correct account.
- Will there be any changes to how I pay my credit card?You’ll still be able to make payments in branch, online, over the phone and by post. However, the timing of some types of payment will change once your accounts moves to Jaja and we’ve summarised these below. Until the transfer please keep making your payments as you do today.
Payment typeCurrent timingTiming once your account moves to JajaWhat’s changed?
Direct debit Payment is deducted from your Bank Account on the payment due date shown on your credit card statement. Payment will be deducted from your Bank Account on the payment due date shown on your credit card statement. No change. Using 365 Bill Pay Payment is credited to your account the same working day if the payment is made before 5pm. Payments made after 5pm are credited to your account the next working day. Payment will be credited to your account the same working day if the payment is made before 4:30pm. Payments made after 4:30pm are credited to your account the next working day. The cut off time for same day payments will move from 5pm to 4:30pm. By Telephone/Online Banking Payment is credited to your account the same working day if the instruction is received before 5pm. Payment will be credited to your account the same working day if the instruction is received before 5pm. No change At a Bank of Ireland UK Branch (Cash) Payment is credited to your account in real-time (same working day). Payment will be credited to your account at the end of the next working day. Payment will be credited to your account one working day later. At a Bank of Ireland UK Branch (Cheque or Credit Transfer) Payment is credited to your account at the end of the next working day. Payment will be credited to your account at the end of the next working day. No change At a non-Bank of Ireland UK Bank branch (Cash or Cheque) Payment is credited to your account within three working days. Payment will be credited to your account within three working days. No change By Post (Cheque) Payment is credited to your account within two working days of receipt. Payment will be credited to your account within two working days of receipt. No change At a Bank of Ireland ATM machine This service will no longer be available once your account moves to Jaja.
- I have a payment arrangement with you, will that change?Any payment arrangements you have agreed will not change as a result of the move to Jaja and you should keep making payments in line with that plan.
- Why are Bank of Ireland UK Credit Cards currently unavailable?In preparation for the transfer to Jaja, Bank of Ireland UK has temporarily withdrawn its credit cards.
- When will I be able to apply for a Bank of Ireland UK credit card?Bank of Ireland UK will be launching a new credit card in partnership with Jaja which is expected to be in October/November 2020.
- Will I get a new credit card?Yes – but not immediately. Your existing Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card and PIN will continue to work as normal. After the move to Jaja, you’ll get a new Bank of Ireland UK Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. Until then, please carry on using your existing card. You don’t need to do anything and we’ll provide you with more details in the coming months.
- Will my PIN still work?Yes. Your current PIN will continue to work: you will not receive a new PIN when you get your new Bank of Ireland UK Visa Credit Card from Jaja.
- I tried to make a purchase and my credit card has been declined?We are sorry that your credit card transaction was declined: we are aware of some customers experiencing issues when using their card. We are working hard to resolve these issues for you and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
To ensure your transaction is successful when you use your card, check that you have available credit to spend for any purchases you intend to make. As long as you have available credit you can try using your card again. If the problem persists, please contact us on 0345 309 8099*.
- I've lost my PIN. How do I get a replacement?From Sunday 4 October you’ll be able to download and register for the app and online servicing. Here you’ll be able to view your PIN immediately. You’ll also be able to request a PIN reminder from Monday 5 October by calling us on 0345 3098 099.
- What happens if I'm away when my new Credit Card arrives from Jaja?If you’re away, your existing Credit Card will continue to work for 30 days after the new card has been issued.
- Is there a difference between Visa and Mastercard?Visa and Mastercard are different card networks. Both types of card are widely accepted at millions of retailers in over 200 countries worldwide so you won’t notice any difference in how or where you can use your new Visa Credit Card.
- I ordered a new card. Will this be delayed due to the move?Any replacement cards ordered up until Wednesday 30th September will be processed within our usual timescales (3-5 working days). If you requested a replacement card, between Thursday 1 October and Sunday 4 October, your replacement card will be ordered by Thursday 7th October 2020 and typically takes 7 working days to arrive with you.
Making a payment
Card and PIN
Managing Your Account
- Will I be able to manage my credit card over the phone?Yes. You can service your account by calling us on 0345 309 8099*.
- Why has my credit card disappeared from 365 online?Your card has been removed from 365 as part of the move to Jaja. Jaja have developed a brand new mobile and online service for Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card customers. To continue to service your account online or in the new app, you will need to register as a new user and set up a new passcode.
- Will I still be able to see my statements in my online servicing account?
After the move, Jaja will provide key information from your previous statements in your new app and online servicing account. You’ll also be able to request paper copies of previous statements by calling us on 0345 309 8099*
- Will I still receive paper statements?Yes: you’ll still receive them in the post as you do today.
- Will my payment date and statement date remain the same?Yes. Your statement and payment dates will stay the same as they are today.
- I have signed up for paperless / electronic statements. Will I still be notified that my electronic statement is ready via SMS?If you currently receive this notification via SMS, after the move you will be notified that your statement is ready by email. If we do not hold a valid email address for you, you will receive a paper statement. Please update your email address with us to continue to receive paperless statements.
- Why can't I see my recent transactions?Any transactions made on Thursday 1 October until Monday 5 October 2020 may not be posted to your account until Tuesday 6 October.
How to download your new Bank of Ireland UK credit card mobile app
- How to download your new Bank of Ireland UK credit card mobile app
- Why does my Android app keep crashing?The issue with our Android app has now been resolved and customers using it should be able to login as normal. If you were having issues with the Android app, you’ll need to re-download it from the Play Store. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Features and Benefits
- I have a Moneyback Credit Card – will I still get my cashback?Yes. You’ll still benefit from your cashback of 0.5% up to a maximum of £75 per year. Your card will be renamed to Bank of Ireland UK Credit Card once it moves to Jaja.
- Will this transfer affect any existing promotional offers currently on my credit card?If you have any promotional offers on your account, these will continue unaffected until they are due to expire. You will receive a reminder of the expiry date of any promotional offers.
- I have an Ulster Rugby Credit Card – will this continue?Bank of Ireland UK and Ulster Rugby will no longer issue Ulster Rugby branded credit cards. All this means for you is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You’ll continue to enjoy the current features and benefits of your card: you’ll simply get a new credit card design.
- I have a Queen's University Credit Card – will this continue?Bank of Ireland UK and Queen’s University will no longer issue Queen’s University branded credit cards. All this means for you is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You’ll continue to enjoy the current features and benefits of your card: you’ll simply get a new credit card design.
- I have a Student Credit Card – will this continue?Yes. The only change is that you’ll get a brand new Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card issued by Jaja. You will continue to enjoy all of the current features and benefits you enjoy today.
- When will the new Terms and Conditions become effective?
- Will my personal details be transferred to Jaja?Yes: your data has been transferred to Jaja so that they can continue to manage your credit card account.
Your data will be treated securely and in line with data protection legislative requirements and as indicated in the privacy notices.
- Where can I find out more about Jaja?For more information on Jaja, please visit their website – www.jaja.co.uk/boi-uk
- Will this change impact my credit history?Your credit report will note that you have an agreement with Jaja Finance Ltd but it will not impact your credit score.
Please remember to maintain your repayments to avoid impacting your credit history.
- I pay stamp duty on my account – will this continue?If you are currently required to pay stamp duty then yes, you will continue to be required to do so.
- Is this change as a result of Covid-19?No, the move to Jaja is not related to the Covid-19 global pandemic.
- Does this change impact the payment break I have or have applied for as a result of Covid-19No, if you are currently on a payment break, or have applied for a payment break, this is unaffected by this change.
- I’ve been told that my credit card account is in Persistent Debt. Will this change when my account moves to Jaja?Your account will remain in Persistent Debt when it moves to Jaja. If you can afford to pay more to reduce your credit card balance this will save you money in interest and will also help you to repay what you owe quicker.
If you have a question, that hasn’t been answered here, you can call us on 0345 309 8099*.
Our current opening hours are:
|8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm||8am – 8pm|