Using Business On Line for the first time
Before you can use Business On Line the person (or two persons) nominated as an Administrator will need to complete set-up and create Users. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
The role of the Administrator(s) – (maximum of two)
- Administrators are responsible for completing the initial setup and ongoing management of Users, authorisation limits and access levels.
- If a User changes their mobile device the Administrators will need to help them recomplete activation of the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app.
- Administrators cannot view accounts or make payments – to do so they will need to create and login to a separate User profile. Administrators should regularly monitor the audit log for signs of unauthorised or suspicious activity.
Please note: If you nominate two Administrators they will share a dual logon. Both will need to be available to access any Administrator functions and we therefore recommend that the persons you nominate are co-located and likely to be available at the same time.
Getting set up
To use Business On Line for the first time, the person(s) nominated as an Administrator will need the following items to get set up.
- Your Administrator Username contained in the welcome email we sent to you after processing your application. How to Apply
- Administrator set-up password which we sent in the post. Please contact the Business On Line Helpdesk on 0345 309 8123 (for Northern Ireland customers) or 0345 309 8124 (for Great Britain customers) if you don’t have these yet. If there are two Administrators both passwords will be required.
- The Bank of Ireland KeyCode app downloaded to your smart device.
- A compatible internet browser and computer operating system to access Business On Line. Business On Line is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome. It can be accessed using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, and Apple Mac OSX 10.7 or higher.
Once you have everything in the checklist, follow the steps below to access your profile:
Once Administrator setup is complete, you will need to decide how many Users you wish access your Business On Line profile.
- Users can access Business On Line day-to-day and by assigning them to a User Group, Administrators can determine what accounts they can view and whether they can make payments from them.
- Administrators can also decide on the authorisation limits for the company and the payment limit for each User. For example you may choose one User to authorise payments under £100 and require two Users to authorise payments over £100.
- Each User in your business should be set up with their own Business On Line login details. Follow the steps below to set up a User.
For more information you can access our Business On Line Training Portal here.
Remember: Bank of Ireland recommends that you never share User IDs, passwords or PINs.