Bank of Ireland UK has two switching services:
- Current Account Switch Service: With the free Current Account Switch Service you can switch your business current account to us in a simple, reliable and hassle-free way. The Current Account Switch Service is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
- Bank of Ireland UK Account Switch Service: If you wish to transfer your account to Bank of Ireland UK but keep your old bank account open you will be unable to use the Current Account Switch Service. In this event, you can still move your business current account to us by using the Bank of Ireland UK Account Switch Service.
There may be other occasions where the switch will be arranged via the Bank of Ireland UK Account Switch Service and not via the Current Account Switch Service. Our Current Account Switching Services brochure outlines the key features of both services and is available from your local branch or can be viewed below:
A member of staff can take you through the key features of each to help you decide which service is appropriate for you.
If you have a bank account that includes an overdraft, you can switch to us using the Current Account Switch Service. And, if you’d like to have an overdraft, just speak to us before starting your switch. We will advise if you’re eligible for an overdraft, dependent on our lending criteria and your credit status.
In relation to Open Banking (OB), any authorisations already given to Third Party Providers (TPPs) to access your Old Bank account will not be automatically switched by CASS.
- You should request a list of all TPP authorisations from your Old Bank for the account being switched out before the account is closed and reset your consent with the TPPs (where applicable) for your new Bank of Ireland UK account to ensure uninterrupted TPP services. Once your old account is closed TPPs won’t be able to access it anymore.
- For more information about TPPs please check our Open Banking T&Cs on your Current Account Terms and Conditions brochure. If you are unsure as to whether we will support the TPP permissions on your old account, please let us know this ahead of your switch.
- To learn how to get set up for Open Banking and provide consent to TPPs please go to www.bankofirelanduk.com/openbanking