Under normal circumstances and subject to receipt of all necessary information, you will be advised of the decision regarding your lending application within 2 -3 days. Where an application for credit is declined, we will explain the reason why and how you can appeal against the decision.
You can appeal if your application was declined and:
- The turnover of your business is under £25 million (if part of a group of companies, this applies to the full group)
- Your lending application was declined in the past 30 days
- You provided all the required information to your Relationship Manager / local branch
- You have not previously appealed this decision
- Your existing lending is not subject to formal demand or enforcement or legal proceedings
You can also appeal if your application was approved but you are not satisfied with the terms of the finance. This excludes the cost of agreed lending, such as interest rates, fees and costs or the standard terms and conditions. You cannot appeal after the funds have been drawn down.