Google Pay is now available to Bank of Ireland UK personal and business* customers on all Android devices.
Add your debit card to the digital wallet on your smartphone or tablet and make quick, easy and contactless payments using your phone.
*Initially this will be made available for sole traders (who are sole signatory on their business account) that hold a Bank of Ireland UK business debit card
Note – This service not available to Bank of Ireland UK personal or commercial credit card holders at this time.
Features & Benefits
Digital wallets take the hassle out of paying for goods or services, allowing you to make quick, easy and contactless payments by holding your smartphone device near a card reader. You can also pay for goods and services in apps or online using your digital wallet.
- No need to have your physical card, wallet or bag on you to make payments when you’re out and about. You just need your Android smartphone.
- You can store your Bank of Ireland UK debit cards in your digital wallet. (Please note that Bank of Ireland UK personal or commercial credit cards cannot be stored within Digital Wallets at present.)
- You can use your digital wallet to pay for goods and services online. No need to remember or find your card details.
- There is no upper limit, so you are not restricted to the current contactless payment limit (transactions over £100 may not be supported by some merchant terminals).
- If you report your debit card as lost or stolen, a new card will be ordered and posted to you. Your Bank of Ireland UK debit card in your digital wallet will be automatically updated on the second business day after reporting the card lost or stolen. You do not need to update your digital wallet. You will not be able to use your Bank of Ireland UK debit card on your digital wallet until it has been automatically updated.
You can use you digital wallet wherever you see the Google Pay symbol, or contactless payment sign.