Whilst we’d all like life to be straightforward, we understand that it can have its fair share of ups and downs. If at any point during the lifetime of your mortgage you struggle with your payments, we’re here to help you. By talking to us early, you’ll start to feel back in control of your finances.
Worried about keeping up with repayments on your mortgage? You can download free copies of the following guides for information, tips and advice:
- Money Advice Service’s ‘Problems paying your mortgage’ is available in English and Welsh
- National Homelessness Advice Service’s ‘Are you worried about paying your mortgage?’ guide.
The following websites also provide free independent information and advice on housing and debt management:
- Citizens Advice Bureau provide information and advice on consumer rights – including benefits, housing, employment, debt, consumer and legal issues.
- Step Change is a registered debt charity, dedicated to assisting and supporting people in financial difficulty by providing debt counselling advice.
- Direct.Gov is the government website providing information and advice on housing, financial support, benefits, debt management and government schemes.
- Money Advice Service is a government service funded by a levy on the financial services industry. The service provides clear, unbiased money advice to help people make informed choices about their finances.
- National Debtline is a charity providing both online and telephone debt advice.
- Payplan is a free debt advice and debt management planning service.
- Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing. Shelter cannot house people, but they do give advice and information to people in housing need.