- Bring your networking tool kit; ample supply of business cards, name badge and marketing material (which can help your elevator pitch).
- Keen networkers arrive early and have their networking tool kit at hand. This gives you the time to learn about the other people in the room.
Have a plan
- Keen networkers will know their goal for each event. Are you looking for an introduction to another company? Do you want to meet 3 people and focus on them?
People buy people
- Remind yourself its “show time”. People will look forward to meeting you if you are energetic, positive and outgoing.
- Send a thank you note to each person you met and mention something you discussed. Showing up and following up are the most important parts of networking.
Follow up some more
- Meeting face-to-face is the first impression. An email, a phone call, another card, a lunch date…dont’s stop after 1 or 2 impressions. Keep going to build strong relationships.