- Move your existing mortgage to your new home, with no Early Repayment Charge (ERC). You can also borrow more with one of our home mover deals
- Switch your current mortgage onto a new rate from our home mover range (and borrow more if you need to). For this option, you need to be out of your promotional period to avoid paying an ERC, or be happy to pay it.
Don’t worry if you don’t know which option to choose. As part of our free advice service, we’ll talk to you about your circumstances then make our recommendation based on what option is right for you.
When transferring your mortgage to your new home, it’s important to remember the following:
- We need your signed application for your new mortgage before you pay off your current one
- Unless your sale and purchase happen on the same day, you’ll have to pay any applicable ERC on your current mortgage
- To get a refund of any ERC you’ve paid, you must complete on the purchase of your new property within 3 months of selling your current home
- If you don’t complete within the 3 months, you won’t get a refund of any ERC paid. You’ll also have to choose a brand new mortgage deal. There may be restrictions that apply.
See our FAQs for more information.
As part of the application process, we’ll ask you to confirm:
- Your income
- Details of the new home you’re looking to purchase
- Details of your current financial commitments (including outstanding amounts and monthly payments).
It’s worth having these details to hand before you speak to us. Our advice service is free to use.
*Calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Lines are open 9am– 5pm Monday to Friday. 03 calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02). Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.
Thinking of moving home and borrowing more? Use our simple calculator to get an idea of how much more your monthly payment would be.
Borrow more calculator