If you want to stay with us, you have two simple options:
- Move your current mortgage to your new property, avoiding any applicable Early Repayment Charge (ERC). You can also borrow more using one of our home mover deals.
- Switch your current mortgage onto a new rate from our home mover range (and borrow more if you need to). You must be out of your promotional period to avoid paying an ERC, or be happy to pay it.
Don’t worry if you don’t know which option to choose. As part of our free advice service, we’ll discuss your circumstances then make our recommendation based on what option is right for you.
When transferring your mortgage please be aware of all of the following:
- We must have your signed application for your new mortgage before you pay off your current one
- Unless your sale and purchase happen on the same day, you’ll have to pay any applicable ERC on your current mortgage
- To get a refund of any ERC you’ve paid, you must complete on the purchase of your new property within 3 months of selling your current home
- If you don’t complete within the 3 months, you won’t get a refund of any ERC paid. You’ll also have to choose a brand new mortgage deal. There may be restrictions that apply.
See our FAQs for more information.
As part of the application process, we’ll ask you to confirm:
- Your income;
- Details of the new home you’re looking to purchase;
- Details of your current financial commitments (including outstanding amounts and monthly payments).
To make things as quick and easy for you as possible, it’s worth having these details to hand before you speak to us. Our advice service is free to use.
Borrowing more calculator