- Amount at Mastercard rate: The converted amount using the foreign exchange rate supplied by Mastercard.
- Non-sterling transaction fee: The fee charged for the currency conversion.
- Percentage mark-up over ECB rate: This is the difference, expressed as a percentage, between the total transaction amount (above) for the currency conversion and what you would pay if the transaction was carried out at the current ECB rate (the ECB rate does not include the non-sterling transaction fee).
- The rates quoted at the time of using the calculator are the latest rates available and may not be the same rates as when you complete a transaction. The value of the transaction that appears on your statement will reflect the exchange rate applicable at the time the transaction is posted to your account.
- The Euro foreign exchange reference rate from the ECB, which is used to calculate “Percentage mark-up over ECB rate”, is subject to change on a daily basis and can be viewed here.
- The Mastercard exchange rate is subject to change on a daily basis and can be viewed here.
- Please note: you will be charged a cash withdrawal fee of 2.99% (minimum £3) whenever you withdraw cash and you will be charged interest on any cash withdrawal from the date you withdraw the cash until the account is paid off in full.
AA Financial Services Limited (AAFSL) acts as a credit broker and introduces customers to Bank of Ireland (UK) plc as its exclusive credit card issuer. Bank of Ireland UK is a trading name of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 512956. You can confirm our registration on the FCA’s website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Bank of Ireland (UK) plc is incorporated in England and Wales (No. 7022885), Bow Bells House, 1 Bread Street, London EC4M 9BE. Bank of Ireland (UK) Plc is licenced to operate the ‘AA’ brand as the Credit Card provider for AA Financial Services Limited.