What can I request?
- Balance enquiry – Your current mortgage balance will show the total balance outstanding
- Duplicate annual statement – Your annual statement is a record of all the payments on your account throughout the financial year. We’ll send it once a year to show you the opening and closing balance of your account
- Interest certificate – This certificate shows the interest charged on your account(s) for a specified financial year. Your accountant might need this for tax purposes
- Payment history – This is an interim mortgage statement, detailing all the payments due and received on your account(s). You can use this as proof that you’ve maintained your payments, but it won’t show any balance outstanding
- Redemption statement – Your redemption statement shows how much needs to be repaid to close your mortgage account(s). It’ll include your outstanding balance and any fees and charges you’ll need to pay
- Other requests – Can’t find what you’re looking for? Don’t worry. Just fill in our online form and we’ll do our best to help you
Deeds – Many properties are registered electronically with the Land Registry nowadays. This means you don’t need paper deeds to prove your ownership, and for the majority of these cases, we won’t hold any title documents.
However, we do still hold some paper deeds. If this is the case and you need the original documents at any time, you’ll first need to appoint a solicitor from our panel to request these on your behalf. They’ll be able to find out more information on our dedicated solicitor page.
Alternatively, if you feel your query could be answered by documents within the deeds, please contact us on 0345 300 8000*. We’ll then investigate this for you and can provide copies where suitable.