Bank of Ireland UK
Bank of Ireland UK is more than just a bank:
- Exclusive financial services relationship and foreign exchange joint venture with the Post Office
- New financial services partnership with the AA
- UK mortgage business
- Full service retail and commercial bank in Northern Ireland
- Car and asset finance business throughout the UK
- Bank of Ireland (UK) plc is a separately incorporated subsidiary of Bank of Ireland Group, which has been a leading retail bank in Ireland since it was established in 1783. Bank of Ireland UK currently employs c. 2,200 staff.
- Bank of Ireland UK is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Bank of Ireland UK has an unrivalled distribution network in Great Britain through its exclusive financial services partnership with the Post Office, which serves over 3 million customers, and offers a full range of attractive products, including mortgages, savings, credit cards, personal loans and foreign exchange.
- In partnership with the Post Office we also hold a market leadership position in the consumer foreign exchange market with c.25% market share and plan to further extend our services in this sector
- Bank of Ireland UK has a new financial services partnership with the AA, which will bring together attractive customer propositions across a product portfolio of credit cards, unsecured personal loans, savings and mortgages.
- Bank of Ireland UK offers a range of mortgages to the intermediary mortgage market in Northern Ireland and Great Britain with customer service, innovation and value to partners at the heart of its offering
- Bank of Ireland has been operating in Northern Ireland for almost 200 years. It has a full service bank with a 36 strong branch network, including 5 business centres, as well as direct, phone and online.
- Car and asset finance is provided in Northern Ireland under the NIIB brand and the Northridge brand in Great Britain.
Our strategy is to be the long term partner of choice with certain select leading and trusted brands in the UK, whose vision and customer ethos we understand and share, as they seek to expand and develop their presence in financial services.
The UK is a key market for Bank of Ireland, where we aim to be more than a retail bank; we approach things differently.
The history of Bank of Ireland in the UK.
- July 2015 - Bank of Ireland UK and the AA announce a financial services partnership which will deliver attractive customer propositions across a product portfolio of credit cards, unsecured personal loans, savings and mortgages.
- July 2015 - Bank of Ireland for Intermediaries announces a new partnership with Intrinsic Financial Services, which will see its products offered across the UK mortgage market by an extra 3000 advisers.
- April 2015 - Northridge Finance named Best Finance Product at the Motor Finance Europe Awards in Munich
- March 2015 - Bank of Ireland UK’s intermediary mortgage business unveils a new partnership with the Openwork network which will provide customers with further choice across the UK mortgage market.
- February 2015 - Bank of Ireland for Intermediaries pilot extended to appointed representatives of First Complete, part of LSL Group
- December 2014 - Launch of Bank of Ireland for Intermediaries pilot in Great Britain, through three estate agencies within the LSL Group
- April 2014 - new intermediary mortgage distribution partnership with Legal & General launched under the Post Office brand
- 2013 - Launched Post Office Current Account pilot in East Anglia
- 2012 - Post Office contract renewed until 2023
- 2010 - Bank of Ireland UK plc is incorporated and is established as a separate legal entity
- 2007 - The Joint Venture with the Post Office is extended to 2020
- 2003 - Partnership with Post Office is established
- 1997 - Bank of Ireland acquires Bristol & West
- 1971 - Bank of Ireland opened its first branch in Great Britain at Shepherd's Bush, London
- 1825 - Bank of Ireland opens its first branches in Belfast, Derry/Londonderry and Newry