Des Crowley, CEO, Bank of Ireland UK plc, talks about the UK business and its financial performance in 2017.
- Profit before taxation of £151 million (2016: £193 million), reflecting increased investment in the business, changes to product portfolios and ongoing competition in the UK consumer lending market
- Over £4.5 billion in new customer lending – a 12% increase on 2016
- Impairment charges: £26 million (2016: £23 million)
- Strong net interest margin 2.02% (2016: 2.07%)
- £160 million dividend paid to Parent
- Strong organic generation of capital: CET 1 ratio 14.7%. Total capital ratio 20.5%